Seniority Level: Mid level
Experience: 4 years +
Remuneration: R600k per annum
Remuneration Type: Cost to company
Remuneration Frequency: Monthly
Help shape the mobile eCommerce landscape in South Africa and work on apps that are consistently in the top 5 of their respective category in the app store, with thousands of active daily users.
- Help design, develop and refine new features
- Locate and resolve bugs and crashes
- Brainstorm new ideas and concepts
- Work with teammates on design, code reviews, and estimation
We expect you to:
- Be accountable
- And take pride in your work
The position reports to the Mobile Engineering Team Lead.
- 3 year computer science degree (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in native Android (preferably using Android Studio)
- Strong Computer Science and programming fundamentals
- Full understanding of the Android application and activity lifecycles
- Experience with Fragments.
- Appreciation of Android-specific asynchronous processing techniques.
- Knowledge of strategies to handle issues related to platform fragmentation, differing screen sizes and multiple OS versions.
- Experience working with unit test frameworks (Easymock, Mockito, Roboelectric, etc)
- Experience with network requests to RESTful APIs using best practice and well known libraries (volley, restkit, etc)
- Knowledge and Appreciation of Android user experience design patterns.
- Experience developing eCommerce apps for retail
- Experience working with software development tools including Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with writing UI Automation scripts using Appium
- Any iOS native development experience
|Job Category||Software and Web Development|