We are working with an exciting real estate investment and development business based in Cape Town. They offer an exciting range of luxury residential and commercial developments across the country.
The CFO will be responsible for the financial and operational aspects of the business and will be required to learn the ins-and-outs of property investment and development.
- Manage accounting team to keep all accounts up to date, submit necessary returns and compliance requirements.
- Monitor project and investment performance and take action where necessary.
- Liaise and manage relationships with legal and tax advisors to structure deals most efficiently
- Prepare investment cases and finance applications
- Set up new SPVs for investment, including registering for VAT and Income tax, statutory compliance, SH agreements
- Negotiation with Buyer/Sellers, Bankers, Attorneys, Professional Teams, Contractors, etc
- Monitoring cash flows and setting budgets
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Providing financial information and simple key financial metrics
- Managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Producing accurate financial reports (management accounts) to specific (tight) deadlines
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Providing input and assisting in marketing strategy and Company’s online profile.
- Providing daily feedback to Chairman
- Motivating a team of people
Qualificaitions and experience:
- 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Senior finance/operational experience within a small business environment
- Professional accountancy qualificaiton
- Up to R1.5m per annum
|Job Category||Financial Services|