Seniority Level: Mid – Senior
Experience: 7 to 10 years
Remuneration: Up to R1m per annum
Remuneration Type: Cost to company
Remuneration Frequency: Monthly
The primary focus of the role is to manage the outsourced delivery of all 3rd parties contracted to operational management of network related services. It includes identifying suitable outsourced partners and negotiating service contracts to ensure the firm’s SLA requirements are defined and agreed. The team is responsible for Core infrastructure, End User Technology and Information Security, and aims to meet the firm’s global infrastructure requirements by delivering day-to-day operational support, managing minor changes and implementing significant infrastructure project initiatives.
- Identify and document IAM network operational monitoring and support requirements to cover 24X7 fully.
- Define detailed SLA requirements for all aspects of services required from 3rd parties.
- Manage the operational delivery of services from all 3rd parties to ensure minimal operational disruption to business operations.
- Implement a global dashboard capability to be displayed in the various operational support areas.
- Work with Project Managers from other network teams to ensure new/change services are seamlessly introduced into the operational support agreements.
- Assist the Global Networks Manager with other initiatives as and when required.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Formal networking certification (e.g CCIE).
- IT service management qualifications (e.g ITIL)
- At least 7 Years’ experience in a Networks Operations Management or a Service Delivery Management role.
- Significant experience managing significant infrastructure projects
- Experience managing SLA’s with outsourced 3rd parties.
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN , TCP/IPs, Telephony and Firewall Technologies
|Job Category||Infrastructure and support, Network and Cyber Security|