Seniority Level: Mid – Senior
Experience: 7 to 10 years
Remuneration: Up to R1m per annum
Remuneration Type: Cost to company
Remuneration Frequency: Monthly
We are working with a global Asset Manager. They provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals.
The primary focus of the role is to design the firm’s global telephony and communications architecture to ensure operational and strategic requirements are met. This includes meeting room technologies such as Telepresence, VC, Contact Centre, Voice Recording and Skype for Business.
The team is responsible for Core infrastructure, End User Technology and Information Security, and aims to meet the firm’s global infrastructure requirements by delivering day-to-day operational support, managing minor changes and implementing significant infrastructure project initiatives.
- Identify, gather, analyse and document telephony and collaboration architecture requirements and translate these into an architecture/design which caters for immediate operational as well as strategic requirements.
- Effectively communicate infrastructure requirements to internal infrastructure team and external IT suppliers.
- Work with Project Managers from other teams in IT, to deliver IT components of business projects.
- Take ownership of Infrastructure network projects to manage the migration from the current incumbent to an alternate 3rd party provider.
- Communicate project progress via required reporting mechanisms.
- Ensure that solutions conform to Infrastructure standards, and compliance and security requirements.
- Assist the Head of IT Infrastructure with other initiatives as and when required
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Formal networking and relevant telephony and collaboration related certifications
- At least 7 Years’ experience in a telephony and communications architecture role.
- Preferably 10+ years IT industry experience
- Significant experience managing significant infrastructure projects
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IPs, Telephony, Firewall Technologies and Network Access Control.
- Experience of Skype for Business including enterprise voice features or similar Unified Communications.
- Relevant communications technology experience such as Cisco Call Manager.
|Job Category||Infrastructure and support, Network and Cyber Security|