|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Remuneration frequency:||Per Month|
A sustainable energy company based in Europe with offices in South Africa is looking for a Network Engineer. The organisation has made a commitment to using green energy to better the world. The organisation operates across five continents, using solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass energy to provide energy to thousands. The organisation is person-first and hopes to hire a candidate that holds the same values, namely environmental protection and humanism.
- Install, manage, and maintain LAN and WAN for local headquarters and document everything.
- Develop ICT solutions to support organisational goals.
- Provide expert leadership, guidance, and oversee implementation of ICT solutions.
- Collaborate with business unit executives and service providers to introduce needed system functionalities.
- Provide assistance in the development of new plants ICT network and security infrastructure.
- Ensure plants and control rooms are efficient by using appropriate monitoring tools and engaging with relevant suppliers.
- Collect and manage equipment security logs.
- Manage the IP Address plan under their responsibility.
- Produce and update documentation relevant to design rules, network topology, cabling, communication and routing protocols.
- Apply software and firmware updates.
- Help define the ICT budget.
- Develop a plan for ensuring appropriate procedures for changes in the ICT architecture at plants and control rooms.
- Relevant degree.
- Masters degree ideal.
- 5 to 10 years role experience.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification beneficial.
- CRISC, CISSO Certification beneficial.
- CMNO certification beneficial.
- Knowledge of WAN topology and architecture solutions.