|Remuneration frequency:||Per Month|
|Benefits:||Hybrid Work Model|
A global telecommunications provider operating in markets across Africa and the rest of the world is looking for a Senior Manager, Risk, Governance, Compliance, and Quality. The company has been providing ordinary South Africans with excellent services and values the individual contributions of its team members. Candidates can expect to form part of an elite team operating at the cutting edge of their relevant technologies.
- Creating a plan for risk and control management for various projects/teams based on company standards or international best practices
- Establishing a risk-aware culture within the organisation through education and training
- Offering guidance to the risk manager on how to implement risk and control management effectively in different areas of the business
- Gathering employee feedback on the risk and control management process
- Ensuring all audit points are resolved and monitored to prevent repeat findings
- Obtaining advice from the compliance team and ensuring all regulatory requirements are met
- Ensuring consistency in the application of scoring techniques for ranking risks and controls
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of risk and control management, internal control, and risk maturity
- Leading the development of governance frameworks to ensure effective risk management, governance, and compliance
- Leading efforts to define Business Continuity Strategy and implement necessary measures to mitigate risks
- Facilitating risk identification through various methods, such as risk workshops and interviews
- Identifying and developing controls for each identified risk and assigning control owners
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities for each staff member in relation to risks and controls
- Monitoring and assessing the implementation of risks and controls to measure control maturity
- Supporting control owners in reporting progress and completing actions in a timely manner
- Monitoring the accuracy of data in the risk and control management plan and generating routine risk reports
- Implementing the Enhanced Partnership Framework and ensuring compliance objectives and KPIs are met
- Collaborating with the business to resolve internal audit findings and prevent and detect fraud
- Providing fraud awareness training to all departments and implementing business continuity initiatives
- Conducting surveys and workshops to assess control maturity
- Assessing risks quantitatively where possible and participating in risk analysis reviews
- Updating the organisation’s management on the status of risk and control management and discussing key issues or challenges
- Providing an independent and objective view of risks and controls to ensure proper management attention
- Liaising between primary and secondary control owners and developing reports for the organisation Management
- Reporting findings and challenges to the Business Unit Head and conducting monthly reporting aligned with KPIs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and post-graduate qualifications, such as a diploma, in the field of risk management.
- Accreditation and certifications from relevant institutions, such as the Institute for Risk Management.
- At least 2 years of experience in the risk management industry, specifically in:
- Identifying and developing controls for risks within a project or business
- Conducting internal audits and closing audit findings
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining Risk and Control Matrices (RACMs)
- Conducting surveys or similar experiences.
- 2 to 3 years of leadership experience in fast-paced industries, with experience in managing people and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals.
- Confidence and ability to communicate with people at higher levels.
- A proactive approach to identifying and assessing both opportunities and threats in risk exposure.
- Skilled in facilitating workshops.